PRE-WORKSHOP SESSION: Introduction to the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019
The Small Business Reorganization Act (SBRA) went into effect on February 19, 2020. NACBA is pleased to provide this intensive program on SBRA, focusing on how best to represent small business debtors.
SBRA is a new addition to the U.S. Bankruptcy Code and fills a much-needed gap for debtors who are engaged in commercial or business activities and find themselves caught between Chapter 11 and Chapter 13. SBRA streamlines many aspects of a typical Chapter 11 case and therefore allows for fast-track reorganization.
Why you should attend:
You need to stay competitive and be able to offer your bankruptcy clients all possible options to address their debt problems. Further, the compensation of debtor’s attorneys under the SBRA should be considerably more than in a flat fee Chapter 7 or 13 case. Learn from practitioners who have been filing SBRA cases and hit the ground running.
- Introduction to Chapter 11
- Compare and contrast SBRA to Chapter 11 and Chapter 13
- Introduction to SBRA
- Review New Rules
- Effect of the CARES Act
- Trustee Role in SBRA Cases
- Filing your first Ch. V Case
- Strategies for Confirming a Plan
Please note, Pre-Workshop sessions take place before the Workshop. These sessions are NOT included with your Workshop registration. These sessions are add-on sessions that take place on Tuesday, December 1, 2020 from 8:00AM to 12:00PM. Coffee will be provided.
Introduction to the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR
How to Address Taxes In and Outside of Bankruptcy:
When registering for the Workshop, you will add the session to your cart during the normal Workshop registration process. If you have any questions or problems, give us a call at 1.800.499.9040 and we will be happy to help. Click here to register for the Workshop and Introduction to the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019.
If you have already registered for the Workshop and did not register for Introduction to the Small Business Reorganization Act of 2019, you can always go back and add it by logging into your account at NACBA.org and clicking on “My Events” then “Add Session” to add this session to your registration or give us a call 1.800.499.9040 or
REGISTRATION FEE REFUND POLICY:
- Meal Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and should be purchased for Guests ONLY.
- Attendees do not need to purchase Meal Tickets; meals are covered by tuition.
- Workshop Cancellations received:
- On or before 5:00 pm EST Friday, September 18, 2020: 100%
- On or before 5:00 pm EST on Friday, November 24, 2020: 50% + electronic materials
- After November 24, 2020: Electronic materials only
- All Workshop Cancellations result in the forfeit of the free convention AudioPoint promotion
Cancellation/refund requests must be received by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NACBA’s refund policies are strictly enforced.