PRE-CONVENTION SESSION: Mortgage Litigation: Rock the House
You don’t want to miss this session. Our experts will be discussing how to review mortgage claims, easily calculate escrow shortages and how to use Bankruptcy Rule 3002.1 to your client’s advantage while earning additional attorneys fees for litigating creditor errors and omissions.
The Panel will discuss
- How to read a mortgage proof of claim and identify what is important
- What’s required under Bankruptcy Rule 3001?
- How to spot errors
- What to do when you find errors
- Introduction to 3002.1 a.
- Requirements for lenders
- Forms that must be used
- Information that must be disclosed
- Changes to 3002.1 effective December 1, 2018 2)
- Use of 3002.1 in bankruptcy court to challenge fees and payment changes
- Example cases and briefs
- Results for clients and
- Attorneys fees for debtor’s counsel
- Use of 3002.1 along with other rules (e.g. Reg X) to bring suits against mortgage companies outside of bankruptcy court.
Why you should attend?
You will save time if you learn how to efficiently review mortgage claims and payment change notices. Stand out from your local collegues by being able to spot and litigate errors and earn additional attorneys fees for each case.
Please note, Pre-Convention sessions take place before the convention.These sessions are NOT included with your convention registration. These sessions are add-on sessions that take place on Thursday, May 16TH, 2019.
ONE DAY SESSION: Mortgage Litigation
Non Convention Attendee
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR MORTGAGE LITIGATION:
Convention attendees can purchase the special one-day Pre-Convention Session: Evidence in Bankruptcy Court at a reduced rate. When registering for the Convention, you will add the session to your cart during the normal Convention registration process. If you have any questions or problems, give us a call at 1.800.499.9040 and we will be happy to help. Click here to register for the Convention AND Mortgage Litigation
If you register for the Convention and do not register for Mortgage Litigation, you can always go back and add it at the reduced rate by calling us at 1.800.499.9040 or by logging into your account at NACBA.org and clicking on “My Events” then “Add Session” to add this session to your registration.
If you are planning to attend Evidence in Mortgage Litigation ONLY, and NOT the Convention, please CLICK HERE to register. You may also download the registration form by CLICKING HERE and mailing in your Pre-Convention registration and payment to:
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20037
REGISTRATION FEE REFUND POLICY:
- Meal Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and should be purchased for Guests ONLY.
- Attendees do not need to purchase Meal Tickets; meals are covered by tuition.
- Convention Cancellations received:
- On or before 5:00 pm EST Friday, March 8, 2019: 100%
- On or before 5:00 pm EST on Friday, March 22, 2019: 50% + electronic materials
- After March 22, 2019: Electronic materials only
- All Convention Cancellations result in the forfeit of the free convention AudioPoint promotion
Cancellation/refund requests must be received by email to: email@example.com
NACBA’s refund policies are strictly enforced.