NACBA is making a concerted effort towards more sustainable, eco-friendly and socially-responsible practices at #NACBADEN. This effort covers a wide range of initiatives that include decreased use of natural resources, donating surplus materials and food to worthy local causes, enhanced recycling and re-purposing of reusable materials, and working with our convention partners/providers to ensure full-ecosystem awareness of NACBA’s sustainability priorities.
Some of the “GREEN“ initiatives in place for #NACBADEN include:
- Convention materials will be available electronically only. Download the #NACBADEN App from Apple’s App Store or Google’s Play Store. Cost of the #NACBADEN App is free to download. If you are downloading the app to your iPad use this link: HERE. Alternatively, you can access the materials via your web browser at HERE. You will only be able to create an agenda and access materials after you have paid the convention registration fee.
- Convention totes will be replaced with bags made of recycled material
- Encouraging attendees and exhibitors to register for our events online
- Eliminating unnecessary printed materials to reduce waste
- Recycling plastic badge holders
- Printing our conference programs on recycled paper
- Using 100% recycled paper to print conference name badges
- Increased use of digital signage, dramatically reducing printed signage
- Ensuring surplus food is donated to local food bank, whenever possible
- Decreased use of plastic water bottles in favor of water coolers
- Using plastic badge-holders made from partially recycled materials
- Partnering with the Sheraton Downtown Denver and their green initiatives.