PRE-CONVENTION SESSION: STUDENT LOAN WORKSHOP
You already know the importance of understanding student loans for your bankruptcy practice. This one-day, learning intense workshop will cover the basics, the complex and many topics in-between. The end result will allow you to make sense of your clients’ student loan situation and how to work it into your bankruptcy practice.
Learn where to find the information needed by your client, how to use that information and how to make mole hills out of mountains. This special pre-convention session will cover administrative discharges, all the repayment plans, the forgiveness plans and how to deal with private student loans as well.
- Joshua Cohen, Esq. The Student Loan Lawyer, West Dover, VT (Bio)
- Edward Boltz, Esq. NACBA President & Law Office of John T. Orcutt, Raleigh, NC (Bio)
- John Rao, Esq. National Consumer Law Center, Boston, MA (Bio)
Agenda (subject to change without notice)
- 8:30 – 9:00 Student Loan Industry Entities & Their Roles
- 9:00 – 9:30 Types of Federal Loans
- 9:30 – 10:00 Administrative Discharges
- 10:00 – 10:15 Break
- 10:15 – 10:45 Default Consequences
- 10:45 – 11:15 Curing the Default
- 11:15 – 11:30 Balance Based Repayment
- 11:30 – 12:30 Lunch on your own
- 12:30 – 1:00 Income Driven Repayment
- 1:00 – 1:30 Forgiveness
- 1:30 – 2:00 Repayment Plans During
- 2:00 – 2:15 Break
- 2:15 – 2:45 Private Student Loan Defense (in and out of 13)
- 2:45 – 3:30 Review of 523a(8) with Analysis.
Please note, Pre-Convention sessions take place before the convention.These sessions are NOT included with your convention registration. These sessions are add-on sessions that take place on Thursday, May 4, 2017.
ONE DAY SESSION: STUDENT LOAN WORKSHOP
Non Convention Attendee
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENT LOANS WORKSHOP:
Convention attendees can purchase the special one-day Pre-Convention Session: Student Loan Workshop at a reduced rate. When registering for the Convention, you will add the session to your cart during the normal Convention registration process. If you have any questions or problems, give us a call at 1.800.499.9040 and we will be happy to help. Click here to register for the Convention AND the Student Loan Workshop.
If you register for the Convention and do not register for the Student Loan Workshop, you can always go back and add it at the reduced rate by calling us at 1.800.499.9040 or by logging into your account at NACBA.org and clicking on “My Events” then “Add Session” to add this session to your registration.
If you are planning to attend the Student Loan Workshop ONLY, and NOT the Convention, please CLICK HERE to register. You may also download the registration form by CLICKING HERE and mailing in your Pre-Convention registration and payment to:
5174 McGinnis Ferry Rd.
Alpharetta, GA 30005
REGISTRATION FEE REFUND POLICY:
- Meal Tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and should be purchased for Guests ONLY.
- Attendees do not need to purchase Meal Tickets; meals are covered by tuition.
- Convention Cancellations received:
- On or before 5:00 pm EST Friday, April 7, 2017: 100%
- On or before 5:00 pm EST on Friday, April 21, 2017: 50% + electronic materials
- After April 21, 2017: Electronic materials only
- All Convention Cancellations result in the forfeit of the free convention AudioPoint promotion
Cancellation/refund requests must be received by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NACBA’s refund policies are strictly enforced.