Membership in NACBA is open to attorneys who support the objectives of NACBA, meet the Eligibility Criteria, and have read and agree to the Acknowledgement.
Membership Eligibility Criteria
- Active and retired bankruptcy judges;
- Bankruptcy trustees;
- Bankruptcy court clerks; and
- Agency/academic members who are attorneys not engaged in the private practice of law and who are employees of non-profit institutions of higher education or non-profit organizations that provide legal services.
The following criteria are exceptions to the Eligibility Criteria. If these conditions cannot be met, an individual is not eligible for membership in NACBA:
- If the individual is an attorney who is engaged in the private practice of bankruptcy law, such attorney must not primarily represent creditors against consumer debtors in bankruptcy; and
- If the individual is an attorney who is not personally engaged in the private practice of bankruptcy law, such attorney may not be affiliated with a law firm or legal employer that in bankruptcy matters primarily represents creditors against consumer debtors.
NACBA Membership Refund/Cancellation Policy
- The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA) reserves the right to refuse/cancel a membership in NACBA.
- If NACBA refuses a new or renewing membership, individual will be offered a refund.
Membership Cancellation by Participant
- Membership cancellations received within 14 days of registration may be eligible to receive a full refund less $45 service fee.
- Individuals who have logged into NACBA’s members-only area and utilized member services are not eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund.
- Cancellations will be accepted via phone, fax or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- All refund requests must be made by the individual or credit card holder.
- Refund requests must include the name of the individual and/or transaction number.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment.
I hereby apply for membership in the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF CONSUMER BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEYS, INC. (NACBA), a District of Columbia non-profit corporation. I have read the Membership Eligibility Criteria and hereby affirm that I meet the Membership Eligibility Criteria. I agree to support the objectives of the corporation. I understand that the basic goals of the organization are to: (a) protect the rights of consumer bankruptcy debtors; (b) provide educational and networking opportunities for attorneys who primarily represent consumer bankruptcy debtors; and (c) educate policy makers regarding the needs of consumer bankruptcy debtors. I understand that a portion of my dues will not be deductible as a business expense because NACBA advocates for legislation on behalf of consumer debtors.
Click on the appropriate level to begin the process of becoming a NACBA member online – otherwise, please download the new member application below and send your information in by check or fax:
Non-profit Agency or Academic Institution **
If you prefer paper, you have the option of filling out and either mailing or faxing a renewal form to NACBA. All necessary instructions are provided within the form below:
*Additional Member: If you are an attorney at a law firm in which there is at least one NACBA Member attorney, you may join NACBA at the “Additional Member” rate of $175.00. After purchasing the Additional Member membership, contact NACBA’s administrative office so that your account can properly be linked with your firm. You can contact our administrative office by phone at: 800.499.9040 or by email at: admin@NACBA.com.
** Non-profit Agency or Academic Institution: In order to purchase an Agency or Academic NACBA membership, please email email@example.com to verify you are an attorney not engaged in the private practice of law and who are employees of non-profit institutions of higher education or non-profit organizations that provide legal services. Questions? Call us at 800.499.9040