Issues discussed in cases below:
- Does a chapter 7 debtor have standing to object to the trustee’s proposed sale of assets? (8th B.A.P.)
- Can a debtor exempt a rifle as “[n]ecessary apparel, bedding, foodstuffs, household furniture and appliances?” (Bankr. D.CT.).
- Is failure to disclose ownership of real estate grounds to deny a debtor’s motion to convert a chapter 7 to chapter 13? (Bankr. N.D.MS.)
- In a chapter 7 proceeding filed by one spouse only, what method should the Bankruptcy Court use to allocate tax refunds received from a joint tax return? (Bankr. N.D.IL.)
- Can a bankruptcy appeal be dismissed under the “fugitive disentitlement doctrine” for an appellant that has “skedaddled”? (1st Cir.).
Log In to READ MORE